We are an incorporated patent and trade mark attorney firm, and fully qualified to provide services in Australia and New Zealand.
Our People: Dr Tim Fitzgerald & Jenny McDiarmid
Our principal attorney Dr Tim Fitzgerald has decades of experience in R&D and IP protection. Our CEO Ms Jenny McDiarmid has international credentials as a business and client relationship manager.
IP Flourish aims to clearly understand the needs of clients and associates, in order to provide the best service possible. Our policy at IP Flourish is that a new client or associate relationship is commenced only where we have capacity to dedicate time and energy to technical and personal aspects of the relationship.
Our priority is to fully meet the needs of our clients and associates, rather than the drive for ever-improving margins under the corporate model that has come to dominate the Australian and New Zealand IP landscape in recent years.
Additionally, IP Flourish has consultancy arrangements and a network of trusted associates to draw from, as necessary or desirable.
More About Dr Tim Fitzgerald
Tim spent ten years as a research scientist undertaking Honours and a PhD in plant molecular biology. He went on to be employed by The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
Tim has published more than twenty peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters including:
- The gene for fragrance in rice
- Shading during the grain filling period increases 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline content in fragrant rice
- Betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase in plants
- Fragrance in rice (Oryza sativa) is associated with reduced yield under salt treatment
- The defence‐associated transcriptome of hexaploid wheat displays homoeolog expression and induction bias
- The Fusarium crown rot pathogen Fusarium pseudograminearum triggers a suite of transcriptional and metabolic changes in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)
- Brachypodium as an emerging model for cereal–pathogen interactions
- The effect of salt on betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase transcript levels and 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline concentration in fragrant and non-fragrant rice (Oryza sativa)
- Gene loss in the fungal canola pathogen Leptosphaeria maculans
- Identification and characterization of more than 4 million intervarietal SNP s across the group 7 chromosomes of bread wheat
- Genome diversity in wild grasses under environmental stress
- A high-throughput method for the detection of homoeologous gene deletions in hexaploid wheat
- Transcriptome analysis of Brachypodium during fungal pathogen infection reveals both shared and distinct defense responses with wheat
- An assessment of heavy ion irradiation mutagenesis for reverse genetics in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)
- Analysis of adaptive ribosomal gene diversity in wild plant populations from contrasting climatic environments
- The application of reverse genetics to polyploid plant species
- BdACT2a encodes an agmatine coumaroyl transferase required for pathogen defence in Brachypodium distachyon
- The quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction for the analysis of plant gene expression
- The impact of climate change on agricultural crops
- Biological deposits for patenting purposes under the Budapest Treaty
As a named inventor himself across numerous patents, Tim understands the immense levels of commitment and dedication needed to develop a new innovation.
Tim and the team at IP Flourosh are fully committed to helping you get the most from your intellectual property (IP).
We look forward to exploring the potential to cultivate a flourishing professional relationship with you.